Friday, October 30, 2009

Oscar Wilde Quote

"The stage is not merely the meeting place of all the arts, but is also the return of art to life." - Oscar Wilde

I love that quote, not just because I love theatre best of all the arts (and it's the only one I can do), but because it really captures what I love most about it - it's purpose is to bring art to life and life to art.  It's purpose is practical, tangible, though its rewards are far beyond the practical and the tangible - done well, one comes away with a better understanding of life, of one's self, of one's fellow humans.

It is my wish that this play will help take us into the heads of these very specific people in this very specific time; that for a couple of hours, we will disappear, and come out in the end knowing something more than understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment